The explosive growth of AWS services has unleashed infinite possibilities for developing new products and applications with reach into global markets. How are you leveraging them?
As solutions architects, we are experts in implementing Well-Architected Framework best practices to build high-performing, scalable solutions supported by the secure, reliable, cost-effective infrastructure of the AWS Cloud.
Setup a Review Meeting
Our Well-Architected review meetings typically take 2 hours and can be fulfilled either through video conference call or onsite based on your needs. Get in touch! Pick a date and time and schedule a meeting.
We provide strategic high-level to granular-level guidance and best practices to help you build and maintain secure, reliable, performant, cost optimized, and operationally excellent applications in the AWS Cloud.
We use the Well-Architected Framework Review to evaluate and remediate your current solutions and then help you architect new innovative products and services.
The 5 Pillars are the foundation for building secure, high-performing applications with the infrastructure to deploy and scale rapidly:
- Continuously improve your processes and gain insight into your operational systems by monitoring, managing, and automating changes.
- Define standards for how to respond to events and collect metrics to measure your business outcomes.
- Run efficient operations that allow you to prioritize activities, anticipate failures, and respond quickly to the needs of your business and customers.
- Strengthen and protect your data and systems by establishing least privilege principles and enforcing the separation of roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain data integrity and privacy in any environment for data in transit and at rest.
- Use automation to prepare for threats and incidents as well as to scale securely and cost-effectively.
- Increase your ability to prevent and recover from service and infrastructure disruptions.
- Use multiple small resources to mitigate the impact of a single failure on youroverall system.
- Leverage automation to test and expose failure pathways and provide immediate recovery processes.
- Optimize and maintain the efficiency of your computing resources even as demand increases.
- Decrease latency and improve customer experience at minimal costs with global deployment.
- Employ serverless architecture for managing services at cloud scale.
- Maximize your business outcomes and return on investments with cost-aware systems that optimize resources at minimal cost.
- Right-size with a consumption model where you pay only for the computing resources you use based on your business needs.
- Analyze and assign system usage and costs to increase transparency, measure ROI and increase accountability.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect to see in a DinoCloud Well-Architected™ Scope of Wrok estimate?
Your Primary Scope of Work will consist around the five pillars of remediation work; e.g. Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency and Cost Optimization. Each Scope of Work is catered to your pain points, critical issues and your AWS Environment.
What does Remediation mean?
An effort to address an identified task. The development effort may be new or is a modification to something that already exists.
Many times “remediation” could mean sitting side-by-side with your in house architects or developers for guidance and strategy. Whiteboard collaboration sessions are also common.
What does testing mean?
An effort to test a scope of work and document the results. This effort does not include fixing or addressing the results, a new Statement of Work could be suggested. An example would be Performance Testing, typically after a test, we would draft a Secondary Scope of Work to address performance enhancements.
What does review mean?
Analysis is performed to gain clarity of issue. This effort does not include fixing or addressing the results, a new Statement of Work could be suggested beyond the prioritized recommended tasks included with initial Well-Architected engagement.
Why do you need my AWS Account ID# ?
DinoCloud will need this along with new IAM User credentials to securely and professionally review your AWS environment and services structure. We also use this number when we report our activities to AWS.
What is the Well-Architected Survey?
AWS will send you a Survey to solicit your feedback on the Well-Architected process and insights with DinoCloud as a partner. This Survey is the activation step to receive the AWS Promo code for your hosting account.
Can I show/display a badge or icon saying that my application or site has been "Well-Architected"?
There is no official or formal graphic, icon or “badge” to cite or show on your application or company materials. However, you could reference that your application has been reviewed within the AWS Well-Architected™ program and DinoCloud Software.
Why are you showing me two estimated task buckets in the SOW?
The Primary SOW Tasks are to start addressing immediate and critical elements with your AWS environment. The Secondary SOW tasks are items that would be extremely beneficial to complete but can be scheduled at a later time.
Who prioritizes the work once the issues have been identified?
DinoCloud will collaborate with you to identify the task priority and urgency.
How do I provide DinoCloud access to my AWS account?
Initial DinoCloud access to AWS account through read-only IAM set up and remediation collaboration would happen through read-only through SAML set up.